Monday, October 29, 2007

(on the error-os arrow-boy)

yea, lord, your power is great.
with all the wind of fortune you fill the sails of endless ships
you carry them each to disaster for you carry
each to the wreck of self on the toothed shoal of another
be the teeth hidden by waves or bare
with the bodies of sailors lodged and rotting in every cruel gap.
be the shore beyond inviting or disdainful

lord, your power is mighty
for you turn the wheels that grind the world's grist
you scatter the chaff of desire like filth upon the ground
you have gathered of us seeds unspeakable for your flour
you scatter our lives like filth upon the ground
you grease your turning stones with blood that we weep
and call carelessly for more grease

the mills of the gods grind slowly
for they grind exceedingly fine
the bread of the gods gives life
life to some other world
we don't live there

lord, your fires are exceedingly white
and the heat of them has melted great dross away
him who is made of dross is destroyed
and he who has metal is changed beyond recognition
beaten by blows into the shape of another's purpose
made worthy to live a life he would not have chosen

we are the seed you crush, we are the chaff you throw away
i submit me lord to your power for i can do no other.

I see with my human eyes oh lord
the seething hungry rocks your winds have driven me to,
I see oh lord the the shore
so lovely with unstomachable fruit.
if I am to be destroyed by your flames
work the bellows lord and let them tower
if my life can give life to a world I can't live in,
make your bread, and feed the world of your choosing



"Oh love that fires the sun, keep me burning"

No comments: