Thursday, October 25, 2007

Last Night

Rather late last night I walked into the kitchen, and discovered Reid sitting alone. He was listening to music on the big speakers, and just seemed quiet. On a whim, and from a long train of thoughts that I didn't mention, I asked him what he thought the essence of Christianity was. Ridiculous Gutenbergean question that that is. After protesting a little bit about the unfairness of the question (perfectly justified), he went all quiet again for a while.


In the end he surprised me He just said mercy. Then after another pause he gave a long definition involving merit and ability and it was rather a run on sentence and I wasn't surprised anymore. But it was food for thought. The mercy part.

2 comments:

Erin Michelle said...

That's food for thought indeed...
I might point out, however, that this post shows up in a google blog search for our dear friend's full name. You may or may not care about this, but I thought I would let you know.

twig said...

right. thanks.