Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Concluding Mythological Postscript

The Noface. I identify with him a lot. In the story the Noface is creepy and eats people. (Note to self: am I creepy and do I eat people?) If you pay attention, though, he simply seems to be mirroring the people around him. In the bad witch's house everyone is consumed with greed, and shows it by begging for the gold he can give them. If they accept his gold, he, well, consumes them. Greed for greed. He is sort of determined by the people he's around.

Despite this, I think he really is just looking for a good person (and maybe a friend?). When Sen comes along and is nice to him and wont accept anything from him (though he offers quite persistently) he follows her, and lets her led him back to the good witch's house where people aren't greedy and he doesn't have to eat anyone.

Anyway. I went to Halloween as the Noface. It was a wonderful costume to have because for once I didn't feel like I had to act. That was just how I felt.

No comments: